Employing Foreign Workers

To employ a foreign worker, employers generally require a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirming that they are unable to find a qualified Canadian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position. Canada’s immigration scheme also provides numerous work permits based upon exemptions to the LMIA requirement. A skilled immigration lawyer can greatly assist employers and foreign workers in determining and obtaining the most appropriate work permit.

Sherritt Greene has an in-depth understanding of the regional market, particularly compared to competitors based elsewhere. We have highly specialized and thorough knowledge of the petroleum industry in Alberta as well as knowledge of the needs of other types of employers operating in the province. Drawing upon our expertise, we have helped many companies bring personnel into Canada.

Since the firm’s founding in 1998, our lawyers have developed extensive contacts with various industries and government bodies. The firm and its lawyers pride themselves on maintaining close relationships with key government offices and officials, which enhances our ability to effectively address problems when they arise.

Contact us

With over 60 years of combined experience in immigration law, Sherritt Greene has the know-how to assist your business in meeting its personnel needs. Call Sherritt Greene today at (403) 237-0202 for a consultation regarding your options for employing foreign workers.